- I am an Appalachian State graduate with a Bachelors Degree in Art Education K-12.
- As for art making I enjoy making books and working with clay.
- My educational philosophy is that all children need to take art as a way to express themselves creatively and as a form of intellectual therapy for students to learn how to tap into their visual and tactile senses.
- My goals for the school year are to: teach my students to think independently in art and pull creation from their own lives and experiences, build on the Core Knowledge by including current events for inspiration, and to also learn from my students because "the wise easily forget what it means to be young."
- I live in Newton with my two corgis Lou and Elvis. I enjoy snowboarding, camping, hiking, reading a good book, the smell of new art supplies, and thinking outside the square.